Crystal Space, Silsden

Monday, 24 October 2011

Crystal Space

Having spent 25 years (more than half my life) working as a psychiatric nurse, the opportunity arose to realize my dream of opening a crystal shop and healing centre. With the unswerving support of my husband Peter, I decided to take the huge leap from my old and very safe career path with the NHS to something completely new. Although crystals are something I know a little about already, the world of commerce was a foreign country to me. I embarked on some courses with Airedale Enterprise Centre and with a little knowledge of setting up my own business I found what felt to be the perfect space in the village of Silsden, West Yorkshire.



Six months later, ‘Crystal Space’ has become a reality.


With help from my husband and some fantastic local tradesmen, I managed to design and stock the shop the way I had always imagined it would be. And on Thursday 20th October 2011, I opened my front door to members of the public.


From the very beginning I wanted Crystal Space to be much more than just a shop selling crystals. I imagined it as a tranquil space where people could relax and chat amidst an atmosphere of calm.


I also wanted it to have a healing element to it, so upstairs in the mezzanine I have created a  space where guest therapists/healers will come along and provide complimentary therapies for individuals and groups.


The space can also be used for workshops and meetings.


In the main body of the shop there are the most beautiful crystals for sale: 


everything from small tumblestones to large amethyst clusters and caves.


I also have a selection of Buddhas, dragons, crystal balls, incense, essential oils, wall hangings and throws and various ethnic gifts.




There is also a corner of the shop dedicated to the work of my friend and pottery teacher Lizzie Botham, who creates the most enchanting clay witches, cauldrons and cats. Currently there are two of Lizzie's fantastic tall witches on display.


As the weeks roll by I hope to bring you regular news and more photos on this blog about the shop’s progress and the lovely products that I have for sale. I am also hoping to have my website up and running before the end of November where you will be able to view all my products and make purchases if you wish. If you want to make any enquiries before then please do get in touch via email or this blog. Alternatively, you can always come along and see for yourself and experience the unique atmosphere of Crystal Space.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ally ~ at last, your dream has come true. You have created the most wonderful space and filled it with stunning crystals and beautiful gifts. Wishing you every success and heaps of happiness in your haven of tranquillity: Crystal Space x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really a lovely warm space. I'm looking forward to when your website is up and running :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely blog to showcase your beautiful shop :-)

    All the best

    Abi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ally ... This just looks lovely. It must represent that very calm space that you seek in the chaos of existence. We will be staying over at Martin Mere shortly (near Wigan in Lancashire) which isn't too far away, and so we will arrange a visit if the weather is kind. Marion and I will be eager to view this beautiful shop.
    good love and health
    max n marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shop looks absolutely wonderful, Ally. You and Peter have transformed it into a calming, beautiful space. I wish you oodles of success & happiness with your new venture and hope to come up to visit in the near future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Diana. Thank you.I must give credit to Pete for getting my blog site up and running.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Max. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing you both soon. x.....and bring some hats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Louise. Thanks. Hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great site and great concept. Good luck. Any on line buying?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ally looks brilliant so very pleased for you both ~ great when a dream becomes real ~ feel and smell the aura of calm ~
    brightest blessings on your venture
    and to you both and family
    xx Lib

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laurence. thanks for posting. Web sales soon i hope. Still working on website! x

    ReplyDelete